• 1058 Fifth Avenue, Jonesboro GA 30236
  • Phone: (770) 473-2700 | Fax: (678) 817-3098
Last item for navigation
HB251 Transfer Request

Information: Georgia HB 251 (GA 20-2-2131) states: Beginning in school year 2009-2010, the parent of a student enrolled in a public elementary or secondary school in this state may elect to enroll such student in a public school that is located within the school system in which the student resides other than the one to which the student has been assigned by the local board of education if such school has classroom space available after its assigned students have been enrolled. 

According to the Clayton County Public Schools Board Policy JBCD, The Board of Education will not furnish transportation for any student granted a transfer to attend school outside his/her attendance area. The parent shall assume responsibility and cost of transportation of the student to and from the school. All students/parents must maintain acceptable grades, attendance, behavior and a cooperative /productive relationship in order for the transfer to remain valid. If these conditions are not met, the transfer may be denied or revoked at any time.

Students accepting a transfer may lose their Georgia High School Association eligibilty Please check with the school about such matters before enrolling your child.